Happy New Year Everyone

Well I just wanted to wish all my blog readers a very Happy New Year, hope this year is filled with everything you hope for, that you will fullfil your dreams and you will all have good health.

Me and DH held a New Year's Eve Party at our church and everything went really well, no catastrophes, everything went to plan, there was enough food and drink and it even snowed whilst we were taking my son and girlfriend home afterwards and I just love the snow..... so definately a brilliant evening had by all....

Anyway, today I want to finish up with my Christmas things, this time it was a gift for my Mum, pennies were very tight this year and I wanted to make special things for special people. I used to make jewellery a few years back and my mum used to love my earrings so I decided to make her 3 pairs for Christmas.

I decided that I would use 3 different colour metals and stones so they would all be completely different and would match with more of her outfits. The first pair (I did make 2 although there is only 1 in the picture) I made in gold using brown and cream coloured stones.

The second pair were made using silver and more cooler colours of purple and blue, in fact I think these are my mums favourites as she was wearing them when she popped round on Tuesday...

This pair I used antique copper wire and turquoise stones, I wasn't sure if they were a bit longer than my Mum would normally wear, so I offered to shorten them but she said she likes them just the way they are, so I think they were a hit. In fact I like this pair so much I may have to make myself some similar.

And of course I had to make a box to put them in... unfortunately I underestimated the length of the long ones and they hung slightly below the edge of the box, though not to worry, once the box was shut you couldn't see. I used Bordering Blue and Kraft coloured cardstock from Stampin' Up! and Bella Bleu Patterned Paper also from Stampin' Up!

On the outside of the box I used Very Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon and the Scallop Oval and Oval Punch and the Oval All stamp Set all from Stampin' Up! and Bordering Blue, Kraft and Not Quite Navy Cardstock.
If you would like to purchase any Stampin' Up! items from me, for the next 2 months for every £45 you spend you can order a free limited edition stamp set. With a choice of 4 to choose from there should definately be at least one that you would love to own. Click on the Saleabration Leaflet on the left hand column to find out more details or email me on LindaLloyd@gmx.net.
Have a great evening all xx


Linda Lloyd signature logo

1 amazing people have contributed:

April Diva said...

Hi Linda,

I arrived on your blog via ILWS. I just wanted to say that I absolutely love the 2 shorter drop earrings. I'm sure your Mum loved them too. And with such pretty packaging too.

Happy New Year. Have a great 2010.

Pauline x