Tutorial at Last.....

So finally I got my Why Not Make It Wednesday Tutorial edited and uploaded.... have had parents evenings, meetings etc this week and so have been really busy with family... hope you think the wait is worth it. I decided to show you how easy it is to make Embellishments out of Drink Cans, I did get DH to cut the top and bottom off for me as I am a liability when it comes to cans and sharp edges.... I also played around with the images on the video afterwards to get colours I liked more, but I was very conscious of how boring it would be watching me mess around on screen. I also think I got a better angle, although at one point you do see one of my cats walk along underneath my arms, luckily when it walked across my desk the camera did not pick it up.... ha ha...

And I have been dying to make a Tim Holtz type rose for ages and thought it would be ideal for using on the card I made using a tin embellishment... I did make a much grungier one using grungepaper, but it didn't really fit with the card, so it is sitting on my desk at the moment with all the children trying to nab it for various projects.... maybe I will need to show them how to make their own.

I did bling up the rose and the butterfly with Stickles Star Dust, you can just about see it on the rose but not on the butterfly, it really does sparkle in real life...

For the Card I used Basic Grey Wisteria papers and Elegant Eggplant, Sage Shadow, Almost Amethyst and Very Vanilla Stampin' Up! Cardstock, along with Very Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon, also from Stampin' Up!. I have all the Stampin' Up! colours of cardstock and find that normally they will match with all the papers I have whether they are Stampin' Up! or not, so really pleased about that as it is good quality cardstock. Anyway, guess you are here coz you want to see the video, so here it is...




Hope you enjoyed it.... have a great weekend... xx



Linda Lloyd signature logo

1 amazing people have contributed:

Jan Jones said...

What a brilliant idea, would never have thougth about using drinks with my big shot!

Theres a little something on my blog if you get the chance to bob over!
Thanks
Jan
X