More Thank You Cards....

After making that gorgeous Scrapbook at Monica and Bekka's Training Day in Peterborough, I still had quite a bit of the Sunny Day Scrappin' Kit left (well actually we only got half the kit each but there is still tons left, you definately get your money's worth with these kits).... I am determined to use it up, so after using some on a couple of thank you cards the other week, I decided to make another 10....

I did run out of cardstock so just used the matching cardstock that I had that matched the kit.... this is Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Pixie Pink and Old Olive, but I did also add some Kraft Cardstock just coz I like it....


The ribbon didn't come in the kit either, but you can get Pumpkin Pie and Tempting Turquoise in the narrow grosgrain and Old Olive in the wider grosgrain, all which match this gorgeous set...


There were plenty of stickers and patterned paper left to make these cards...


and a tip I found this weekend is when you send cards to someone, like this thank you card, write your message on a Post It Note and stick it inside, that means that the recipient can also forward the card on, so an extra little thank you gift for them.....

I did stamp the "Thank You" sentiment, this is in the Ovals All set and punches out nicely using the Scallop Punch...

I stamped the cardstock on the tall cards using the little leaf/tree stamp from the Saleabration Set Good Neighbours.... I just love this set....

and I also punched out little circles to add even more colour to the cards and stuck them on... here I have used the Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon...

These cards didn't take long to make either, probably around 30 minutes and that was because I used the Scallop Border Punch to punch along a lot of the cardstock I used.....

I have already used one of these cards already, but still have 9 left to use... I tend to use tons of thank you cards so will be making some more soon.....

Especially as I still have a load of the Patterned Paper left....

And can you believe, just before the training day I ordered my own Sunny Day Scrappin' Set, so once I finish this one up I have a whole new set to play with.... cannot wait as I want to use some of the stickers with the On Board Chipboard I won at Training Day....
Hope these cards might inspire you to use up some scraps you have laying around, I am really bad at using up scraps which is why I have set the goal of using this set up before starting my new set.... and the colours are so lovely and bright they are really great for the grey days we have had recently.... add a bit of colour to your life....
Just to let you all know, my card classes are full for this week but there are still a few spaces left for next week.... so if you are in the area and want to make some beautiful cards using A Rose is A Rose stamp set, then drop us an email at LindaLloyd@gmx.net...
Right off to make something now, the morning started badly with a dead battery on my car which is now on charge, then it has took me forever to blog, so really need to do something constructive.
Have a great day all xx


Linda Lloyd signature logo

1 amazing people have contributed:

Caroline said...

Ahh..they are so cute, I've still got loads of my Sunny Day kit left, what a great idea on how to use it up! But then it's so gorgeous who wants to use it up?