12 Gifts of Christmas - Day 2

Today we are going to make a Christmassy Bookmark, this doesn't have to be only for Christmas you can change the pictures to suit whichever occasion you want or for whoever you want.

Bookmark

This is very simple to make, all you need are 4 punched scallop circles, 1 x 1 3/8" brown circle and the same in red. I set of magnets (I got mine from Staples, Basic Grey also make them), and a piece of ribbon 5 1/2" long...


Next stamp 2 images that you would like to show on your bookmark, I picked an image from A Tree For All Seasons and a Snowman Image from a Level 3 Hostess Set and coloured them in, I then stuck them to the green scallop circles. I also glued one brown circle to another scallop circle and a red one to the last scallop circle, I took some of the stickers from the I Wish! set and stuck them on top of the red and brown circles, so they ended up looking like this.

We then need to stick the ribbon and the magnet to the back of one of the image scallop squares, I glued the ribbon in place (making sure your image is the right way up) with Tombow Glue and then glued the magnet (making sure it is the right way round) on top of it like this (sorry about the blurred photo).


Do the same with the other end and the other Scallop Image and then stick the other Scallop Circles on the back so that it looks like this...





Then all you need to do is use it in your book. You take the page you are on and put one of the Scallops either side of the page like this...


And when the book is closed it looks like this..

A nice quick and easy to make bookmark, ideal as a cracker gift if you make your own crackers and you could personalise them with an Initial Monogram if you liked.

Just wanted to show you a little card I made as a thank you for someone, the base of the card is acetate and I used the Level 2 Hostess Set for the Stamped Image.

I will be back tomorrow with Day 3 of The 12 Gifts of Christmas... dont forget to check back then....

Have a good day all xx

3 amazing people have contributed:

Yankee in England said...

I Love your book mark! It would be fun to incorporate it into a christmas card! Where do you get your acatate cards?

Kate Lewis said...

I've never made this kind of bookmark before, it's such a great idea! Thanks for sharing! I loved your card too ;) It's so stylish - thanks so much again! K xx

Scrapping4fun said...

Lovely bookmark idea. Also wanted to say what a fab looking blog you've got.