12 Gifts of Christmas - Day 3

Today's is a simple one as long as you can get the template right, I will post a picture of a template and you can print it at any size you like to make different sizes.... of what you ask?? Well today we are going to make a....

Pillow Box

So I will just tell you that this was really easy for me as I cut out the Pillow Box on my cricut expression, so that made life so much easier, but I will include a template for those of you who have to cut by hand. You can also download a PDF file from here... The black lines are where you cut and the red dotted lines need to be scored.

Here is the cut out pillow box, it is a bit hard to see as it is see through..


Next you need to fold along all the lines and then add a bit of the double sided tape to the edge piece so that we can stick it together as shown here...

It is a bit tricky to line it up properly as the acetate has a mind of its own, but stick together with the flap on the inside, then make sure you run your fingers along the flap on the inside so that it has stuck together properly. It should then look like this.

Fold the flaps in at one end, I stuck a small amount of double sided sticky tape to one end to make sure it didn't come open, and then decorate. I did this very simply using the I Wish Simply Scrappin Kit where there are lengths of sticky patterned Paper, I then cut a scallop circle, and matted it with a 1 3/8" circle and then stuck the 1 1/4" circle on that which I had decorated.

I then filled one with Smarties (hence the sticking one end, would be a tragedy if they all fell out) and put twilight mints in the other.

These are ideal for putting on the branches of your Christmas Tree incase someone turns up who you haven't bought a present for, you can just hand one of these out, or to give out in your office. You could put a mini first aid kit in one or a sewing kit, the ideas are endless.

I will be back with Day 4 tomorrow...

I just wanted to show you a card I put together really quickly yesterday as my neighbour wanted it for her daughters 26th birthday, I didn't use all Stampin' Up! stash as my other stash is feeling a bit neglected lately, but I cannot stay away from this awesome Stamp Set...


the patterned paper is Basic Grey Sugared, the lace punch is a Martha Stewart punch, the pink ribbon is actually velvet although you cannot see that from this photograph, and the A Rose is A Rose Stamp Set was stamped using Rose Red and Bravo Burgundy Ink Pads, the leaves were Sage Shadow and Old Olive, I used glamour dust on the rose, it isn't really as glittery as it looks in the photo, it is more of an irridescent glitter, but the flash on the camera made it all sparkle. The Sentiment is from the Fast Notes Stamp Set and I cut it out using the scallop punch, I fitted the sentiment into a scallop on either side and cut out, I then used a ruler from one side of the scallop to the other and cut with a craft knife, I then did the same below the sentiment, see no need for the US's Word Window that we so desperately wanted...


2 amazing people have contributed:

Yankee in England said...

Wow another great idea! Will really have to get the acetate I love how it looks. Where did you get your Martha Stuart punch for the card?

Dawn said...

Great Christmas Ideas, the pillow box looks very professional
Loved your frame,