Day 7 - 12 Days of Christmas

I love Hershey's from US, but as not everyone is able to get hold of them, I thought I would adapt the box for Terry's Twilight Mints, I find that if you put 2 together they are only slightly bigger than 1 Hershey's nugget... so today I am making a....

Twilight Mint Box

To start with I cut a piece of textured Chocolate Chip Cardstock from the I Wish Simply Scrappin' kit to measure 4 3/4" x 6".


Score around all edges at 3/4" and then again at 1 1/2". Cut along the lines highlighted with white...

and then stick double sided tape onto the cardstock in the same place as shown in the photo...

Next snip down the edge top and bottom, left and right as shown in this photo...

peel off the double sided tape and fold together to make a box, all the sides fold down twice so that it looks neat inside... the mints will then fit in it nicely...

Next we need to make the mints look pretty, we can fit 6 of these mints in each box by putting 2 together. Cut 3 pieces of Patterned Paper (again I used the Paper from the I Wish Kit) so that they fit nicely around two of the twilight mints.

Then placing one mint on top of another, wrap the Patterned Paper around using double sided tape to seal it...

I then decorated the top of the mints using a Small Flower Stamp from the Season Of Joy Stamp Set, and the 3/4" punch and the smaller punch like this....

I the placed them in the box, but we now need to make a lid for it which is much simpler than the box. Take a piece of Patterned Paper (again the piece I used was from the I Wish Kit (are you noticing something here)) and cut it to 5 1/4" x 3". Score it at 1", 1 3/4", 3 1/2" and 4 1/4". I then cut out a scallop rectangle shape (using my nestabilities) from the middle section of the lid so that you could see the chocolates inside...

I then cut a piece of acetate slightly larger than the opening and glued it to the back of the Patterned Paper, a shown below...

I stuck a piece of double sided tape to a short end and wrapped it around my box with my mints in so that it ended up looking like this...

As you will see I didn't quite get the rectangle in the centre, but it didn't show as much once I had decorated the box. For this I used Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, the scallop punch, the 1 3/8" punch and the 1 1/4" punch which cut out the Snowflake Image from the Season of Joy Stamp Set, and the finished item ends up looking like this.

A really nice stocking filler, or little gift for friends, office workers or even teachers.... and the twilight mints are much easier to find than the Hershey Nuggets (I bought mine in Tesco when they were BOGOF).

Hopefully the weather will be a bit brighter tomorrow and I will be able to photograph the items I used my Rub-Ons on... dont forget they have 20% off until 30th November if you would like to buy some...

I will be back tomorrow with Day 8 of my 12 Gifts of Christmas.... dont forget to check back...

Take care all xx


2 amazing people have contributed:

Yankee in England said...

Now I know what to bring you back from the US for Christmas! A big huge bag of nuggets!

Kate Lewis said...

what a great idea Linda! I adore nuggets too - shame we can't get them so easily over here but you've done a great job on these chocs! I love the lid, a great present! Kate x