Wow, what an awful week I have had, which is why I haven't updated my Blog.....

So last week was one that I would like to forget, one that I wish I could wave a magic wand over and turn back the clock.... DH has a few health problems at the moment and was sent for blood tests over a week ago now, they came back, not normal but what was expected, so he went to the Doctors and they said he needed another blood test, so off he went to the hospital and there were 31 people in front of him and he needed to get to work. On the Sunday his car brakes were very strange and so he had to use my car, so half term holiday, no car..... so not only on the Tuesday did he have 31 people in front of him for the blood test he was also trying to get the parts for his car too... total nightmare, his car does not take parts that his car should, they look up the year and type of car and it is never any of the bits it should be, so after the hospital he had to come home, take the wheel off his car and take photographs of his brake cylinders (bearing in mind he has on a shirt and tie ready for work) and eventually gets the bits he needs. Then back to the Doctor's on Friday about the blood test and voila.... excellent, they did the wrong one...... so he had to go back yesterday for yet another one, and then off to the Consultant on Wednesday and the Doctor's again on Friday, I can see his boss getting fed up pretty quickly. In the meantime on the same Tuesday as the car and the 31 people, it is 5pm in the afternoon and my son comes running to me shaking and crying saying my little pugs eyes is popping out, at that minute she runs to me and it is probably the most awful thing I have ever seen in real life, I couldn't even look at her.... so no car, and injured pet, and distraught child and my mind goes blank. I eventually manage to ring my daughter for a lift to the vets, manage to persuade the vet that it is an emergency and no I cannot wait an hour and a half for an appointment. We get there they rush us into a consulting room and say they have to operate right away, "has she eaten".... I say yes, they say well there is a danger whilst she is under anaethestic that she may vomit, choke on it and die, there is also a danger she will loose her eye. I signed the consent form and walked out the vets in tears.... I arrived home and my son is fixing DHs car, and then DH arrives home, the vets ring his mobile phone, they say she is going to lose her eye as the optic nerve has been severed.... this is a nightmare... they ring again about 40 minutes later saying we can pick her up.... poor little thing is so drowsy and is so not herself. One of the children sleep in the lounge with her that night. She is getting used to her problem now, although she still has a large collar over her head as she cannot pull her stitches out her eye, that would be awful, but she has learned now to drink and eat with it on.... here is a picture of her, it doesn't look as horrific as it sounds and when she is asleep you cannot even tell... but I feel so guilty that it happened...



So I have been busy looking after her all week along with the children on half term. I also had a major sort out, change around and new furniture in my bedroom which is also my scrap room.... I will take some photos and post in a few days, I will post some before and after photos... wow there is such a difference, I absolutely love it now, although some things have gone missing and I haven't found them yet.

Yesterday we went to London O2 Arena to see The Killers.... they were absolutely awesome, I am a huge fan of them ever since I saw them support U2 in Poland in 2005, we went to Berlin in 2007 and saw them live there too, and we were between 3 and 5 rows from the front, although I must admit some German kid did try and start a fight with me then.... so last night we had seats instead, although I must say the UK fans are very reserved and so I may have to go abroad next time I want to see a good band and dance and sing along.... and here is the wonderful Mr Flowers...


Wish I could go back again tonight and do it all over again. We also had a wonderful meal at Las Iguanas at the O2 definately worth a trip if you are in the area.... awesome food and excellent staff... the cocktails weren't bad either.

And yes I have made some cards, so here is my card for today....



The Cardstock used was Lovely Lilac and So Saffron, the papers were from my stash, the lace edge is a Fiskars Border Punch. The sentiment is from Verve stamps in US and the flowers and brads are also from my stash. And for those of you who like to see my cards made only with Stampin Up products, keep your eye out as I have a few to post over the coming week.
If anyone would like to sign up as a demonstrator for Stampin Up, today is really the last day to let me know as you need to sign up before the end of February (which is only 4 days away) to get your 2 free stamps sets from the catalogue and your 2 free Saleabration sets which will no longer be available once February is finished... so contact me on LindaLloyd@gmx.net if you are interested. As well as all these free stamp sets you will also get a Starter Kit worth £250 for only £139, plus a discount on your own stash. You dont have to make it a business (although you can if you like) you can just be a hobby demo and buy your own stash at a discount.
Have a great day all, take care


4 amazing people have contributed:

Anonymous said...

goodness sounds a terrible week! hope things r a bit better this week for you xx

Carolynne H said...

Linda, what an awful week. Hope the puppy is doing better. Do you have any idea how it happened? Hope DH is better soon...x

Need More Time to Craft said...

Oh my goodness, what an awful week you had. Hope things are better this week.
Carole x

Rosietoes said...

Dear me Linda what a week. I hope things even out for you and that your darling wee puppy recovers fully and soon. I know my poodle Rosie has come through some awful times and bounced back, large as life and twice as handsome as they say.
I hope your DH is ok and that he finally gets the blood tests he needs.
Even in the midst of all that you still have managed to make some beautiful cards. You go girl!!