A Halloween Card....

My 2 little boys are going to a Halloween Party on Saturday, we don't celebrate Halloween but I don't feel I can stop them going to the party as the rest of their classes will be there, so I have made a card for the little boy whose party it is... not really sure if I should get a pressie too as it was his birthday a couple of months ago, so the only occasion is Halloween. Any ideas or suggestions?

I don't have any Halloween stamps other than the Papertrey Halloween Tags, no images or anything and I have left it to late to buy online as I am unlikely to get anything because of the threatened postal strikes again this week. So had to use what I had here. I find the Stampin Up Cardstock in Pumpkin Pie and Elegant Eggplant the perfect colours for halloween things and so used these colours, and they matched the Patterned Paper I had beautifully (not sure who the paper is from, I had it left over from last year)... I used a Quickutz die to cut out the pumpkin and bats, and I used the Stampin Up Pastels (chalks to us plebs) to colour the edge of the pumpkin in slightly so it gave it a bit of dimension. Again the inside is decorated to match the front....

Halloween card made with Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie and Elegant Eggplant card and Papertrey tags Can you see the little googly eyes on the top bat? How cute are they and finish the card off perfectly methinks.

Inside of Halloween card made with Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie and Elegant Eggplant card and Papertrey tags And this is the inside of the card, and even the little ghost has googly eyes.
I have been trying to make myself a watermark today to put on my cards but since I upgraded to elements 6 I cannot get any watermarks to work. I used to have PSP and my watermark worked brilliantly, then I changed to elements when I got my graphics tablet and my watermarks have never worked again. They are transparent until put onto the cards and then they are no longer transparent. Can anyone help me out here please... I would be very grateful.
I have wasted all afternoon on this, and I have used 2 different tutorials and ended up with the same result. Transparent until added to my picture.... grrrrrr!!!
Anyway, need to get dinner started, we are having Chilli Con Carne and Rice tonight, not sure I have any rice, so will check before I start and send one of the children to the shop if I haven't... why do I always forget the most important part (well apart from the mince of course.. lol).
Have a good evening all xx


0 amazing people have contributed: