Long Time No Blog......


I have been so super busy as you all have trying to get stuff finished in time for the big day. I am glad to say I am now on top of it, just have a few things to finish off tomorrow, and fingers crossed my Stampers 10 order will arrive before Christmas and I will be able to send that off too so everyone gets their scrummy stash to use once the big day is over. I am starting a Stampers 6 Club in Jan/Feb so if you would like some great stash to look forward to for the next 6 months, contact me for more information or click on the link above this post. Lots of clubs starting next year with lots of goodies for free too.
I still cannot post some of the things I have made as no one has yet emailed me to say they have received it, so not wanting to ruin the surprise I will just post a few things that I can share with you. These are my Christmas cards that I made for the people in church...
I stamped onto the Stampin' Up! Window Sheets with White Staz On, using the Snowburst Stamp Set (I just love this set, it is so versatile...), I left it to make sure it was really dry and got to making the image. I stamped the image onto Whisper White Cardstock and embossed it with Black Embossing Powder, I then inked around the edges and over a large part of the card using Close to Cocoa and then distressed the edges using the Cutter Kit (great bit of gear... lol). I mounted it onto Always Artichoke and then stuck the Real Red Cardstock inside the card making it look like it is matted under the Always Artichoke so that you cannot see the glue holding the Always Artichoke Cardstock in Place. Using a Martha Stewart Punch I punched the edge of some MME Patterned paper, I made two of these for each card so that I could stick the second one directly onto the other side of the acetate inside so there were no unfinished edges. I then tied the Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon all the way around the front of the card securing with a double knot. I cut more Whisper White Cardstock to stick inside the card to write on placing it directly under the Real Red so that you cannot see it when the card is closed. I then matted that using Always Artichoke again, but sticking the Always Artichoke onto the back of the card, again so that you cannot see the glue. The Poinsetta is a Spellbinders Die and the leaves are a Martha Stewart punch. Unfortunately acetate cards do not photograph well and look much better in real life.
I have lots to tell you so hoping to be back tomorrow with some catch up news and some more of my makes.... have a great (if not snowy) evening everyone...
Take care xx


Linda Lloyd signature logo

0 amazing people have contributed: