Another week......

This year is just speeding by, it just seems to get faster and faster.  The longest day is tomorrow and it is all downhill to Christmas from then onwards.  How was your weekend?  Ours was good, didn't do too much but did buy a Tefal Actifry.... do you have one?  Do you like it?  What do you cook in it?  We cooked some chips for dinner Saturday night, well you have to try it out dont you, but I am too lazy to peel the chips and they still tasted quite potatoey, if that makes sense.  So today I have bought some ready made chips, not oven chips as I dont want all the fatty oil on them and am going to try them again tonight.  We dont actually have chips very often at all and twice in a week is a record, guess I had better buy some ketchup next time I go shopping.  I do have full intentions of cooking a chilli in it later this week, I am not only going to use it for chips, and chicken drumsticks, 25 mins to make them all nice and crispy and golden..... sounds good to me!!

This was a commission card, I am not sure if I have shown it to you before, but it was a friend's daughters engagement and the daughter loves Winnie the Pooh, could I please incorporate him into the card.... so this is what I came up with.....  took me quite a while to sit the letters around the card and this weekend I have found a short cut to do it, would you believe it!!!  Well actually yes I would...

The papers are Stampin' Up!, the cardstock is Marina Mist and Whisper White along with Early Expresso.  Dont they look good together.  The photo above is the inside of the card which I made similar to the outside.

This weekend was also Father's Day, so I did finally get around to making some cards.  I used my Silhouette Cutting Machine to make these and because they are reflected I didn't waste any Patterned Paper.  The paper is Stampin' Up! and the Cardstock is Baja Breeze, Soft Suede and Not Quite Navy, all from Stampin' Up! also.

The sentiment I drew on my Silhouette using a Bronze Coloured Pen and then also used the silhouette to cut around it..... easy peasy and very quick to make.  I then put little pearls where the buttons should be.

What did you do for Father's Day?  We were supposed to be having a surprise bbq for DH and daughters husband, but although the weather forecast had said good weather on Sunday, come Sunday it was looking far from good and there was a gale blowing outside...... so after a bit of a palava sorting out a working bbq on Saturday all secretly like, we didn't even need it.  Daughter came to my house whilst I was at church and cooked everything in the oven here..... and sod's law the sun came out around 5.30pm, after we had finished and cleared up..... never mind, a nice time was had by all!!!  And it warms the cockles of my heart seeing my children (DH's stepchildren) sending him Father's Day Cards, even though they have grown and left home..... thank you to my kind generous children, I love you. xx

Linda Lloyd signature logo

0 amazing people have contributed: