A Black and White Day......

Well this afternoon we are off to see The Specials... woohoo, another group from my youth, like Spandau Ballet who we saw last month.... cannot wait to see them, we are seeing them at The Cliffs Pavillion in Southend, so a nice small venue, and of course you cannot sit down if you are seeing a group like this, so standing it is..... and because when they were around in the 80s it was all black and white SKA music I decided that today I would have to make a black and white card, albeit not a very happy one though, but the idea came to me and I just had to make it...

I used the new Whisper White Craft Ink to stamp the image and then embossed it with white embossing powder, all from Stampin' Up! and the new White and Black Thick Grosgrain Ribbon... the sentiment is from the new Trendy Trees stamp set and the main tree image is the Lovely As A Tree stamp set. The pearls are from my stash.

The inside I stamped with the middle image of the stamp on the front of the card, I just coloured that particular tree in with the Black Stampin' Up! marker, and the sentiment is from one of their retired sets.
My bookworm counter has now hit 2000, but I dont have time today to make the draw, but I will be drawing it tomorrow at 10am UK time.... I am also expecting a huge box of Stampin' Up! stash as my Stampers 10 Stash is arriving and will be making the trip to the Post Office tomorrow afternoon hopefully. If you would like to join my new Stampers 10 Club starting in January, contact me on LindaLloyd@gmx.net, you can choose the month you would like to be hostess, plus you will get a free 6 x 6 paper pack with your first order. Check out my left hand sidebar for more details.

Have a great day all, I am sure I will xx

Linda Lloyd signature logo

4 amazing people have contributed:

fede said...

black&white is a pair that is always good.. simple but elegant.

i'm commenting just to tell you i love the card!!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for Nov. 20. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

Ali Watson said...

This is beautiful love the effect you have achieved.

LoloDesigns said...

Oh my gosh, the Specials! Brings back sooo many memories of my teen years, loved them and still have their records! I did get to see Spandau live at Top of Pops in the 80s and even had a drink with them in the BBC bar afterwards, they were just gorgeous. Gosh I do feel really ancient now! x