My Card For My Card Challenge....

Check down to the last Blog Post for this weeks Card Sketch Challenge. I thought it is only fair to enter one of my own, so here it is....


Okay, so the sentiment isn't quite in the right place, but it is my challenge so I can do as I please.... lol. No really, the sketch is there just to inspire you and give you something to work from, it doesn't have to be exactly the same, you just need to have used it to inspire the card you have made. Once you have made your card, add your link to Mr Linky and then you can inspire other people.
For this card I have used Stampin' Up! Lavender Lace Cardstock, Basic Grey Patterned Paper, and the image is from Magnolia Stamps... the ribbon is Bravo Burgundy Grosgrain from Stampin' Up! along with the Circle Fire Brad and the sentiment stamped in Bravo Burgundy ink, the sentiment is from the Daily Flexible Phrases Stamp Set. The inside sentiment is from the Stampin' Up Sincere Salutations Stamp Set.
Well my week didn't start off to well, firstly our neighbour came round to say all our drains are blocked again, this happened last Sunday too and Anglian Water came out, cleared the drain a short distance from our Cul-De-Sac and said that there were bricks in the drain so it looks like they may be collapsing (oh joy) so they would write a report stating that. Well today another neighbour rang them and they are now saying it will take a couple of weeks to sort out as they will need to shut the main road where the drain is.... er.. hello, the sewage is about to overflow out of all our manholes, not just our cul-de-sac, but the next one along and another couple of roads too that run into this particular drain, so not quite sure what happens next.. we shall see.
Then after this happened, I was taking my 2 little boys to school and they were chasing each other, despite me always telling them to be careful as they will fall over, and guess what? My 6 year old did fall over and this is what he did to his face...

We had to carry on to the school and we went inside and bathed his face, at first it was just his lip, forehead and knee, but then the scrapes below his eye appeared and it just seems to have been getting worse all day, so he had the day off and played the Wii..
Lets hope tomorrow starts off better than today....
I also started my diet today, if I post it on here, I cant really get out of it can I and so I will post my weight loss each week, I am hoping to lose around 45lb, so quite a bit and hopefully putting it on my blog will stop me from failing this time... lol
have a great evening everyone, take care xx

5 amazing people have contributed:

Yankee in England said...

I have just given up on Monday, it is a given that my hair will be insane, the train will be running late and some idiot will decide to use the tube as a means to end his life so that they have to shut down the line I need. Glad to know I am not the only one who stuggles on Mondays! The bruises and bumps will heal, the blockage is another thing all together, I will think happy thoughs for you.

Molsmum said...

Poor little thing - and he's still smiling too!

AuroraDawn said...

Poor DS, maybe he'll listen next time ??

Good luck with your weight loss, have you joined us on the weigh in/help on ILWS.

ADxx

Kate Lewis said...

Ah, your poor little lad, hope his face heals soon! Lovely card Linda - fab colouring and love the colours you've used. K xx

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Wow, Cam across your blog through ILWS, nice to see your art work! hope your little boy is well soon!
Cheers